Leading Hand - Tube Bending
Pirtek, a proudly 100% privately owned Australian company with 40 years in the business, is an international success story specialising in mobile "on site" service and replacement of hydraulic and industrial hose and fittings. Utilising a franchise business system as our service and delivery model, we are experiencing continued growth due to a philosophy based on service excellence, a proactive and planned business approach and creating a positive fulfilling work environment.
Pirtek’s National Office in Kings Park requires a motivated, enthusiastic person who takes pride in their work to join their team as a Leading Hand – Tube Bending. Take this opportunity to become part of a company that offers stability and a positive fulfilling work environment with unlimited opportunities.
The Leading Hand – Tube Bending is responsible for tube fabrication using CNC tube bending machinery, saws, and end forming equipment in a hydraulic hose manufacturing workshop. This position requires a candidate with the ability to make fast and accurate decisions relating to the production process and equipment. A good understanding of the details of the product to be manufactured including size, tolerance and use, is required for this position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Setting up tube bending machine and bend tooling to achieve acceptable part and cut quality
• Creating CNC program to make parts according to specifications within machine capabilities
• Understanding part programming process and options
• Understanding and being proficient in the use of the machine software and settings
• Monitoring machine activity to ensure proper operation and to prevent damage to machine
• Performing regular maintenance to machine
• Troubleshooting any production problems in relation to the tube bending machine
• Continually look for ways to improve production efficiency
• Inspecting own work and completing proper inspection documents
• Setting up and running jobs in the estimated time frame
• Setting up and operating other cell machinery including saws and end-formers
• Reading prints using higher level math skills to transfer print information
• Using inspection equipment (using hand tools, tube inspect machine)
To be considered for this position you will ideally possess:
• Previous experience in a similar position in a Manufacturing workshop using a tube bending machine
• Experience using AutoCAD
• Mechanical aptitude
• Effective and efficient written and verbal communication skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work at a fast pace while adhering to quality requirements and standards
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to ensure customer orders and expectations are fulfilled
• Demonstrated experience in, and commitment to, following safe work practices
• Relevant Trade qualification (Fitter / Cert.III mechanical trade or equivalent) – highly regarded
• Previous supervisory / team leadership experience – highly regarded
With a competitive rate of pay on offer, a free on-site gym, free parking and easy access by public transport coupled with great development opportunities, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join a successful, established organisation; click ‘Apply for this job’ without delay.
Pirtek is an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies please.