Operations Manager Chinchilla
Proudly Australian, with over 38 years in the business, Pirtek specialises in fluid transfer solutions through mobile “onsite” service and replacement of hydraulic and industrial hose and fittings. Pirtek Chinchilla requires a motivated, enthusiastic person who takes pride in their work to join their team as an Operations Manager/Centre Technician. Take this opportunity to become part of a company that offers stability, a positive fulfilling work environment with unlimited opportunities.
As an Operations Manager you will be expected to plan and direct operations to achieve the Centre’s sales budget, on time delivery and profit targets. You will liaise with Management and Staff within the Centre as well as Customers and Suppliers. You will ensure that all company WHS and Environment Policies and Procedures are followed. You will also be required to assist with counter service and occasional Mobile Service Technician duties. You will report to the Centre Manager.
Our role is best suited to applicants who reside in or near Chinchilla. However, to the right candidate an appealing roster (possible shift roster) and accommodation can be negotiated therefore residing in Chinchilla is not a prerequisite.
- Monitor and direct daily operation of the Hose Service Centre;
Provide technical advice and guidance to staff and customers;
Implement, monitor and review training and development plans;
Act to improve the safety performance of all staff.
To be considered for this position you will ideally have:
- Previous experience as a centre / mobile technician and or operations role;
- Ability to build a high performing team who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively and cost effectively;
- People management experience;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused work environment;
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills;
- Must have the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight deadlines and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality;
- Anticipate problems and finding solutions;
- Ability to delegate;
- Meet deadlines and achieve budgets;
- Knowledge of management systems including QA and WHS;
- Ability to operate machinery;
- To be familiar with the types of equipment used in industry;
- Be computer literate and have good literacy and numeracy skills;
- Be well presented and groomed;
- Have a working understanding of procurement and stock management systems;
- Ability to meet, greet and talk with customers and potential clients;
- Currently living in/near to Chinchilla alternatively for the right candidate weekday roster and accommodation can be negotiated.
How to Apply
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to