PRIVACY STATEMENT AND POLICY
PIRTEK FLUID SYSTEMS PTY LTD, PIRTEK OEM PTY LTD, and their related entities, and the members of the PIRTEK FRANCHISE NETWORK (collectively referred to in this Privacy Statement and Policy as “PIRTEK”) all recognise the importance of protecting the personal information we collect. We are committed to and are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) (“Privacy Act”).
PIRTEK takes its obligations under the Privacy Act seriously and takes all reasonable steps in order to comply with the Privacy Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This policy sets out how we do this.
Collection, Use and Disclosure
PIRTEK may collect and hold personal information for our business purposes, including but not limited to the following:
• Providing you with products and services
• Responding to your enquiries
• Helping us identify products or services which might be beneficial to you and to inform you about them
• Internal accounting and administration and to set up your account
• Direct marketing to you
• Facilitating employee induction and training, including within the Pirtek Franchise Network
• Benchmarking and auditing of employees and employee records, including within the Pirtek Franchise Network
• Reviewing and conducting risk assessments of our workplace compliance obligations
We may collect your personal information in a variety of ways, including from all of your dealings with us, from your account application, or from what you tell us or show us when you telephone us, visit our Centres, browse our web site or in your capacity as a current or future employee within the Pirtek Franchise Network. We may collect any employee records from the franchisee employer. The information may include your name, street address, telephone number, email address, other contact details, drivers licence or other identification, business name and business entity, credit card details, bank details, trade references, wage details, employment history and other information about you or your business. If you are a customer of Pirtek, you do not have to provide this information but if you do not PIRTEK may not be able to fully assess your account application or provide you with the services you are seeking from us.
We may also collect personal information from credit reporting agencies and from searches we conduct, including from the PPS and ASIC registers.
When you visit our website, we may also collect information about your browsing using “cookies,” as commonly used by most web sites, which are packets of information allowing the hosting computer to identify and interact with you. Cookies may assist us with statistical information to help us with analysing our services.
Pirtek may disclose any of your information within the Pirtek Franchise Network (including the Pirtek Head Office and Pirtek Centres located outside Australia) and with our advisers and consultants for any of our business purposes.
As a general principle, Pirtek will not provide third parties outside the Pirtek Franchise Network (including overseas recipients) with any personal information we have collected about you. Exceptions may occur, including where:
• We believe in good faith that you have consented to that disclosure
• We use external service providers e.g. Mailing houses to mail promotional materials to you
• Your data may be shared with or stored on our behalf by our technology suppliers and the operators of any online platforms through which you may have submitted any information
• We are required by law to disclose the information or are requested to disclose the information by a law enforcement agency or where there is an exemption from the operation of the Privacy Principles
• You are in default of your commitments to us, in which case we may release your details and the history of your transactions with us to our legal advisers, debt collection agencies, credit reference bodies or other relevant authorities
• We are asked to share that information with a credit bureau or reporting agency
Access to your personal information
Subject to any legal restraints on us including any confidentiality obligations owed to third parties, and subject to verification of your identity, you have a right to access the personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to access that information, please write to us at PO Box 959, Kings Langley NSW 2147. We may charge to you the reasonable costs of processing your request
Consent and Opting Out
We assume we have your consent to use your personal information for the above purposes, unless you advise us that you do not give that consent. You may opt out of receiving promotional materials from us, by emailing: email@example.com
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed, please contact our Privacy Officer on 02 8822 9000. Complaints will be considered by us and an appropriate response will be made to you, outlining any further action which we think is reasonable to be taken. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Security and Storage
PIRTEK takes all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy. PIRTEK regularly reviews the personal information that is stored and if this information is no longer required for any of the purposes described above, it is securely disposed of.
More information can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer on 02 8822 9000.