Apprentice Fitter and Turner Kings Park
Pirtek, a proudly 100% privately owned Australian company with over 40 years in the business, is an international success story specialising in mobile "on site" service and replacement of hydraulic and industrial hose and fittings. Utilising a franchise business system as our service and delivery model, we are experiencing continued growth due to a philosophy based on service excellence, a proactive and planned business approach and creating a positive fulfilling work environment.
Pirtek’s National Office in Kings Park requires a motivated, enthusiastic person who takes pride in their work to join their team as a first year Apprentice Fitter and Turner (known internally as an Apprentice Hose Assembler). Take this opportunity to become part of a company that offers stability and a positive fulfilling work environment with unlimited opportunities.
Pirtek has an opportunity for a first year Apprentice to join our team, manufacturing and supplying hydraulic and industrial hoses to customers in a large range of industries. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Manufacturing and testing hose assemblies
• Repairing and testing fuel nozzles
• Repairing / modifying and assembling lubrication components
• Silver soldering / welding
• General machining
• Conducting WHS inspections on equipment
• Assisting the Production Coordinator as directed to ensure prompt processing of customer orders
To be considered for this position you will ideally possess:
• A Higher School Certificate (HSC), having completed year 12
• An understanding of, or interest in, hydraulics
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to complete any assigned task
• Attention to detail
• Commitment to punctuality and being reliable
• Commitment to on and off the job training, including attending TAFE 2 evenings per week and completing all assigned course work / assessments on time
With a competitive hourly rate on offer, a free on-site gym, free parking and easy access by public transport coupled with great development opportunities, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join a successful, established organisation; click ‘Apply for this job’ without delay.
Pirtek is an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies please.
Your application will include the following questions:
• Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
• Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
• How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
• What is your expected hourly rate?
• Are you available / willing to attend TAFE 2 evenings per week, and committed to completing all course work and assignments on time?